Another popular Filipino dish is Sinigang. You can use different kind of meats and seafoods in cooking this dish like pork, prawn, milkfish and many more.
1 Kilo Shrimp
12 pcs Tamarind (Sampaloc) or 1 pack Sinigang Mix
1 big Onion (diced)
3 big tomatoes (quartered)
2 pieces Radish (sliced)
1 bundle Sitaw (Strringbeans)
1 bundle Kangkong (cut into 2″ long)
3 pieces long green pepper
5 cups ricewash or water
Salt or Patis (fish sauce)
1. Boil Tamarind in rice wash or water to soften.
2. Pound and extract all juices and set aside.
3. In a casserole, boil rice wash or water, Tamarind juice, onions, tomatoes and Radish.
4. Lower fire, add in Shrimps, Kangkong, Sitaw and green long pepper.
5. Simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Season with salt or patis.
7. Serve hot